Thursday, April 30, 2009

"Feed" Prompt #2 =D

OKAY... So in my previous "Feed" blog, it wasn't the best and I realized I didn't really say much and it sounded like an essay almost. Well, maybe more badly organized... =/ Its okay because Yexus still loves me.. =D

According to Titus, the 'feed' practically lives in the people so it almost controls them.
The 'feed' in this sense is kind of like a 'businessman,' well a computer businessman at that. They get to know you and show you all these things that just might interest you, but in this case the 'feed' constantly bugs you about it and keeps showing you more and more ads about a certain item or something. If I had a 'feed' [which I'm against] II would probably be very annoyed with all these ads just popping up all the time. I get over things very quickly so having the 'feed' show me things of my past, of what I used to be interested in but is now over it. The 'feed' is unnecessary. It makes people lazy, such as the chatting, I mean they can't talk as much or as well as they chat, its sad. Honestly, it really is. The fact that great literature no longer exist, the people who changed the world wouldn't matter and the fact that most of the people feel indifferent about the situation and only thinks of the brighter things rather than the more important bad things that are happening in the world. These corporations that even produces 'air' is killing the world. 

OKAY... So when Titus got a new upcar because he was in the hospital, only one word came to my mind. R I DI C L O U S... I mean, he was in the hospital, its not like he saved the planet. Goodness.. I mean he wasn't even seriously hurt, it was just his 'feed' and you know what? I think his parents are as stupid as he is. =/ Who gives a kid a car for a being stupid and going out drinking and again being even more S T U P I D all together. This book really scares me about the future. It makes me think, is our world going to become something like this? Where only consumerism matters? Where you don't matter if you don't consume? I mean honestly you can't say that doesn't make you feel sick. =/ 

In the chapter "Missing the Feed," Titus pretty much talks about how without the 'feed' everyone is like 'sick' because they can't function without it and pretty much never lived without it and so this goes to the fact that they can't think for themselves. SO they do 'stupid' things because apparently they don't exactly know how to talk as well as they chat. Marty, the one who's good at everything he does, comes up with these 'games' using the hospital's equipments as props. This of course pisses the doctors off but they could care less in any situation and not only that but Link's crazy mom comes and tells the doctor to chill because the kids haven't had their 'feed's so apparently they are far too sick from boredom. Which I find almost riduculous, well because who defends boredom? What I really mean is that, boredom is a selfish thing not a sickness.[Just a side note: what's with the vocabulary? I mean who says 'unit' and 'null'? Okay it may just be me but you know what? I don't care I just can't see my kids using those words one day... =/ I guess I know how my mom feels... Ugh..] OKAY... As I was saying.. Boredom is not worth defending...

Stupid, selfish, spoiled kids.. =/



I just love photography.. =)







No comments: